Visit our Online Flea Market!

November 28, 2011

Cyber Shopping

After posting last Friday's entry I read that online shopping is expected to be up by 20% this year.  While I believe in supporting home town businesses, shopping online is amazingly easy and convenient.  Whether you shopped in cyber space or at the mall, hope you got some bargains.

As you all know, I'm a nut for economy, functionality, versatility, and efficient use of space.  Take a look at these ideas for one of the most over-looked areas in any home - the attic.


 Source:  Apartment Therapy

 Source:  Apartment Therapy

Source:  Bella Cosa

Attics are usually neglected, insulated spaces where you store Christmas ornaments, lamps that need to be rewired, boxes of outgrown baby clothes, and the dog's travel crate.  Not many of us are brave enough to tackle the job of turning that ill-used space into a charming studio, guest room, or an expanded closet but the results can be amazing.

Source:  Elle Decor

Source:  Eric Roth Interiors 


Source:  House of Turquoise


      Source:  Elle Decor


Source:  Style at Home


Source:  Vintage and Chic

For older homes with dated 8 ft ceilings, exposing the attic space can dramatically change the appearance of the house:


The difference between how a room would look with an 8 ft. ceiling vs. how it looks with the added height of the attic space is almost unbelievable.

 Source:  Decor Pad


This  vs.  this . . . . . . . .

Source:  Inspirational Interiors

Source:  Peacock Feathers







By removing the ceiling and exposing the rafters, the added height completely transforms the room.
Source:  The City Sage






As you've probably noticed, my postings have been less than regular lately.  With family spread across the country, I've been on the road a lot and don't always have access to high speed internet.  (I refuse to struggle with a dial-up connection - yes, Aunt Bess, I'm spoiled to my "new fangled, modern conveniences".) 

Seriously, after over 3 weeks on the road, I'm back home and will try to make a concerted effort to post daily.

4 comments:

  1. I am exhausted to every avenue to find online stores that fit our needs. And I trying to be a possible narrow to search our needs in social marketplace And they accept credit cards and its providing for international shipping. I am much existed to see this blog. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am generate the updated beta key generator and this help me easier game play and more technique and tool for gold and coin ,For more strategy for heroes of the storm game are easily to learn able : heroes of the storm free beta key generator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am enjoying my shopping a lot with amazon gift card codes and these amazon gift card are now online.

    ReplyDelete