Visit our Online Flea Market!

August 3, 2012

Are you a risk taker?  It's a simple yet completely loaded question.  Are you a
hand-me-a-sledgehammer-and-step-back risk taker when it comes to your home?

If you are then start at the top - with the ceiling.



          The Number One design flaw in any house is a 'normal' 8 ft. ceiling.
          It stunts the flow of a room and dates the house more than any other
          architectural feature.  The ceiling must go.




















Glorious, beautiful, bountiful height!




This Scandinavian dwelling is magnificent in its bare-beam state.






                                    Ordinary:                                                                                        Extraordinary:
            There is nothing you can alter and achieve such dramatic results
            as exposing the bare bones of your home.  Come on, take a risk.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I love these inspiration pictures. I especially love the white room with the dark raw boards.

    ~Danette
    http://www.danettedillon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing the difference a room looks when you expose the ceiling area? I'm a risk taker but my husband isn't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!! The photos are beautiful. Thank you so much following, and I'm your newest follower. So glad I am, I love your blog!!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures and i agree. A lot of people will not do it for heating reasons. Then they have to add the beans for the decor. Great ideas for me, i love gorgeous ceilings.
    Following you back!
    Xo
    Isabelle
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    Ps. If you have any French inspired post, i would love if you link them on the French party on Monday.

    ReplyDelete