Visit our Online Flea Market!

October 11, 2013



Before & After photos are the perfect end to the week, aren't they?


Let's start with a charming little dresser:
Before                                         After
Aren't the stenciled bumble bees precious?



Think this old outdoor set is ready for the dump?
Hardly!



Paint draws attention to details in the
wood and this hutch is a perfect example:
Source




Think you can't dress up an ordinary metal file cabinet?
Think again!


House Dressing Style




A dated dresser became a contemporary entertainment center:



And a discount store sewing cabinet was given a make over:

Two Twenty One



The new drawer pulls add an ultra
sophisticated touch to this dresser's re-do:
Crafty Teacher Lady



A thrift store chest of drawers was given an entirely new
personality.  LOVE the butterfly drawer pulls, don't you?




Friends, have a seat.  We're going to take a look at the various
wonders that paint and upholstery can work on a simple chair.


Yes, you're seeing spots!  Aren't they darling?
Before                                    After
The Estate of Things


Want to add a little pizazz to your decor?
Before                                           After
Infarrantly Creative


From ordinary to exceptional:

Sundae Brunch

How darling are these two ottomans?
Before                                                       After

Chair Loom


A little paint, a little fabric . . . . . .

Cupcakes and Cashmere
Viola - charm!



In their 'before' condition these two chairs looked tired and sad:

But look how sassy and fun they are after
a paint job and new upholstered seats.


This chair was found at a yard sale:
Virginia Sweet Pea


While this beautiful chair was acceptable, now it's 
Mosaic Works
enchanting!



A vintage chair went from tired to terrific:
 Before                                          After
 Chair Loom




Two identical chairs were given two different upholstery treatments:
Which do you prefer?


Look how elegant this chair is now:
Before                                             After
Sharon Campbell



But this might be the most amazing transformation of the post:

Innovative Interior
Stunning Mid-Century Modern Chairs after their makeover.

Be on the lookout this weekend for thrift shop or flea market
chairs that need an update.  Renovating chairs is usually not as time
consuming as larger pieces of furniture but the pay off is huge.

Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

  1. Your Friday roundup of before and after projects has become one of my very favorite posts to read each week... on ANY blog! Thank you so much for the time you spend collecting them! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, you're so sweet! Thanks for spending a part of each Friday with me. I really enjoy compiling the B&A photos and so glad you enjoy looking forward to them! -- Jan

      Delete
  2. I love the Friday before and after! I get so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too, especially the smaller projects that can be done in a few days. -- Jan

      Delete
  3. More lovely pics. I think the entertainment centre turned out very well, and the white, sophisticated dresser is gorgeous. So is the black and white chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white dresser was one of my favorites. The hardware really adds that something special. Hope you're having a good weekend! -- Jan

      Delete
  4. Hi Jan! I would love to have your 'eye' for a re-do. I just would see tired, old chairs. And look what you can do with them! Same with the chest of drawers. My fav are the ottomans. With the pillows, they just look so inviting :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet and I appreciate the compliment but the majority of the renovations are done by others. I try to include a link below each photo to connect you to the website where I find the treasures. I should probably make a point of stressing which work was done by someone else. They're so much fun to collect and post - and so inspiring. -- Jan

      Delete
  5. I'm trying t interest my hubby in what was done to the wall unit but he isn't biting. The before picture is very like our one and I don't like it!!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband drags his feet on most re-do projects. First he tells me it's not possible; then he tells me that it would be too much work; then he needs explicit instructions and an explanation. When it turns out great he's so proud of himself! -- Jan

      Delete
  6. I can hardly believe some of these makeovers, incredible! Makes me want to paint something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inspiring, aren't they? I love compiling B&A photos - they're so motivating. -- Jan

      Delete
  7. I just love before and afters . . . thank you for taking the time to put this great post together and for all the inspiration. It sure makes you think twice before getting rid of something and buying new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate parting with things, too. Surely there must be a way to re-do or repurpose it. When I do decide that a piece has to go I make sure it goes to a non-profit thrift shop and hope someone else can benefit from whatever I donate. If there's any way to keep something out of the landfill I'm all for it! Hope you're having a great weekend, Jan

      Delete
  8. Such great inspiration photos. Now for that energy I need. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, Jan. May the Lord give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful makeovers! I love seeing something that would be discarded made new again. Now I am happy that I found YOUR blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone out there is so creative and talented. I look at some of the transformations and think if I had attempted those things the before would definitely look better than my after! Ha, ha! Love the dresser by Crafty Teacher Lady and the chair by Mosaic Works!

    ReplyDelete