Visit our Online Flea Market!

October 15, 2013


Incongruous:  adj;  not consistent with or
suitable to the surroundings or associations


Am I the only one who sees something in these photos that just doesn't belong?


Lovely room but is it "um, um, good?"



Given the mix of colors and shapes maybe the little robot
does belong on the suspended bedside table:


Could this be classified as a Purple Fail?
Architectural Digest
(I think the brass calf on the console is afraid of it!)




Nuevo Estilo
The uber contemporary chandelier and tarnished
brass floor lamp are a little too eclectic for me.



Passion Decor
Okay, more eclectic - but do you really need two coffee tables?




Home Designing
Russian designer Andry Sokruta created an interesting modern living
room but the klieg light chandelier might be a little over the top.
(Those things put out so much heat you could roast a hotdog.)



Now, slowly pan across the gorgeous classic decor . . . .

ruh, roh . . . . .
Behance
If you must place a television in a classic setting please camouflage it.

I know, I know, I'm super critical but some
decorating 'elements' are just ridiculous.


And, now - Tuesday's Miss Money Pitt Update:

I've learned that three little words can strike terror in the hearts
of renovators - up to code.  If I hear that expression one more
time . . . . well, I'll just have to grin and bear it.



The living room is coming along nicely:
Before                                                              During



The little downstairs bathroom has been mostly gutted
and green mildew-resistant sheet rock is being hung.  

I wouldn't be surprised if  the neighbors brought a sack lunch and
picniced on the front yard to watch contractor after contractor arrive to
do their thing.  It's a never ending parade of profe$$ionals.

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. up to code scares the hell out of me and it should you too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all your comments. Why do some decorators feel the need to add that one oddball "eye catcher"? Each room has a charm of its own but I could do without the whimsical touches.

    I hear you about the Profe$$ional$. lol Been there-done that. Love the SECRET codes that need to be met! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. "Up to Code"... We had to have electricians and plumbers fix all that stuff before we could do anything, because the last update was in the 60s and the house is 70. In the beginning, a lot of work is being done, money spent, and it didn't look pretty!

    On pinterest, I've been noticing that quite a bit lately. Garish patterns that don't go. Too many colors. No unity. I think there must be a design change underway. It seems things may get ugly before it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Jan! Yes he was quite shocked.

    This is a great post, I can't believe what some people put together. There's eclectic and then there's just plain wrong. I really feel for you redoing a house... our first house was an old house we loved that had good bones and hardwood floors built in 1902. But nothing was "up to code". After replacing pluming, rewiring, ripping of the 2nd floor porch that was unsafe and having roof problems with the old slate roof we decided we wouldn't do that again. Right? HaHa If it's an older home, not so old home, or a new home there's still problems! Just in different degrees.

    Your previous post was wonderful also. Great inexpensive way of decorating for spooky time. The baby shoe with photo is my fav. too cute. I've enjoyed my visit so much!

    Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing in our house is up to code. It drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete